Monday, February 20, 2012

The Maze Runner by James Dashner


Hurray! I've found a new series. For a linear thinker like myself there's nothing better than starting at book one and going through a series book by book. The Maze Runner was published in 2009, so it's been around for a while, but hasn't crossed my path before now. If you like The Hunger Games series, you'll probably like this as well. A young man finds himself transported to an unknown place, with all his memories erased. A group of young people already there are struggling to survive in a maze-like landscape that changes every day and is occupied by horrific creatures with poisonous spines.

Each day runners are sent out into the danger zone to try and figure out a pattern to the maze that will hopefully answer the question of why they are there and tell them how to get out. This was a hard-to-put-down book at a time when I should have been doing other things. I waited until it was finished before informing my son of its presence in the house so that I got to finish it before book #2 arrives on the library reserve shelf. There's a book 3 as well, so happy reading for a while.

1 comment:

  1. You know you've found a good book when you put off doing other things to get to it! I relish the end of the day because of my nighttime reading these days (I've even gone to bed a few minutes earlier than usual!). You'll have to check my blog in the next little while to see what I've been reading.

    ReplyDelete