Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Law of Similars by Chris Bohjalian

While checking my local library for books on homeopathy I came across this novel with that as a theme. This author also wrote Midwives, which I listened to and enjoyed. The Law of Similars has a similar premise. Holistic medicine gone wrong - or is there another answer? This is a well written book, suspenseful and dramatic; the characters have depth. Did I read the whole thing? No. I skipped to the last few chapters to find out the end of the story. The main character revealed a little too much about what was going on in his mind re: most of the females in the book. I know that men think these thoughts; I just don't want to read about it. If you can get past that aspect of the book, you'll enjoy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment